Top 5 Reasons We’re Thankful for Clean Drinking Water Systems
The holidays are a time when Americans turn their thoughts to everything they are thankful for, like having a family that cares about them, good health, a roof over their head or knowing that they have access to clean drinking water.
In Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, residents are blessed with plentiful aquifers and water storage. As the population grows, however, the strain on water supplies increases, making it more likely that the water that ends up in our homes won’t be as fresh and clean as it used to be. That’s why, this November, we are thankful for clean drinking water systems that ensure everyone’s drinking water is free from heavy metals, solid materials, and dissolved man-made chemicals.
Here are the top 5 reasons we’re thankful for clean drinking water systems:
- Survival. Let’s face it, humans can’t survive without water. At most, they can live three to four days without it. Water is essential in keeping our bodily systems functioning correctly, from making blood to keeping our organs at peak performance. When water isn’t clean enough, or available, it can affect how a person’s body operates over time.
- Good health. A clean drinking water system filters out sewage and industrial waste that can create health problems in the individuals who drink contaminated water. Hydrating properly with clean water has been proven to boost your mood and improve your sleep quality. Who couldn’t use that in an eventful year like 2020?
- Eliminate toxins. Clean drinking water can help a person eliminate toxins from their body and transport nutrients to where they are needed. Clean water also helps flush the liver and kidneys, which are essential for a person’s overall health. If you are pregnant or have a compromised immune system, drinking clean water is of high importance!
- Spotless dishes & softer skin. Many areas have hard water that leaves spots on everything and leaves skin scratchy. Hard water is caused by minerals, such as magnesium and calcium, that get into the water as it flows through these mineral deposits in the ground. Hard water may not be bad for your health, but using a water softener can eliminate these minerals from your home’s water. This helps extend the life of your pipes and even appliances such as your dishwasher or washing machine. What you may notice most? Softer skin and silkier hair! You also won’t be embarrassed to set your Thanksgiving table with your best crystal and china because the softened water will leave your dishes sparkling!
- Better tasting everything. People are more likely to drink the water they need on a daily basis if it tastes good. Water purification systems help with that, even going so far as to filter out the fluoride and chlorine that many municipal water systems use to treat city water. Purified water also makes your food taste better. Sometimes the foul taste or odor coming from your water supply can taint your food, leaving a terrible aftertaste. Water filtration will improve both the smell and taste of your water, making your Thanksgiving mashed potatoes taste that much more rich and creamy.
What are the best systems for water filtration?
At Owens Soft Water we believe that our Kinetico reverse osmosis filtration systems work the best for cleaning drinking water that comes from both municipal and well water sources. Our Kinetico K5 Drinking Water Station uses reverse osmosis to remove dissolved solids, chemicals, iron, and bacteria from your drinking water using a series of filters and a reverse osmosis permeable membrane. Reverse osmosis just means that the water coming from your tap is forced through a series of filters that all have a specific job to do, whether it be removing debris your water picked up as it flowed through municipal water pipes or volatile organic chemicals and compounds that make your water smell and taste terrible. The reverse osmosis membrane removes any dissolved solids that are too small to see with the naked eye.
We also offer whole home filtration systems that use reverse osmosis, such as the AquaKinetic A 200 system, which uses a three-stage filtering process. Both the K5 Drinking Water Station and the AquaKinetic warranty their parts, making them a good investment in the long run. Having pure, clean water coming out of your faucet also eliminates the need to buy bottled water, saving you money.
Water softeners do just that. They soften your water. Many areas of the country have hard water that is clouded with heavy minerals. At Owens, our specialists will come out and test your water to see what problems there are specific to your drinking water. Then, we will tailor your water softening system to filter out the minerals or chemicals that are hardening your drinking water. The Kinetico Premier Series Water Softeners don’t use electricity to function. Instead, they use the kinetic energy of moving water to help treat your home’s hard water, iron, and chlorine issues. This is great if you ever experience a power outage because you know that your drinking water will continue to be cleaned during that time.
For a free estimate, give Owens Soft Water a call today. Let us help you get the cleanest drinking water possible.