The type of water you have will make a difference in what type of hair you have. We all want that healthy, silky, soft, and non-frizzy hair, don’t we? You can buy all the high-end shampoos, conditioners, and styling products but let’s face it if you don’t have it, then well…. what do you do about it?
Yes, we can all agree that by having an angel of a hair stylist that can work her magic and have you walking out of their salon on cloud 9 and looking like a runway model, but it never looks the same when you go home and make your own attempt at styling your hair.
What if I told you it was your water that is sabotaging your hair? What if I told you that by having hard water or overly treated water such as city water treatment, you could be wasting your time, money and efforts on attempting to manage your hair.
Signs of Hard Water:
- White flakes on appliances and faucets
- If you know that you have well water
- If you live in an area that provides treated city water
- White chalky residue on shower doors, or fixtures
- Cloudy water when you fill a glass up
- Red or orange staining in sinks, toilets, showers, and washers
- Odor or other decay around fixtures
- Soap doesn’t suds when washing your hair or anything for that matter
Signs of Hard Water in Your Hair:
- Dry and brittle look and feel
- Discoloration over time after a salon color
- Red or orange discoloration that is not your natural color or salon color
- Won’t grow well because of split ends and breaking
- Dry and itchy scalp
- Always tangles even after you apply conditioner and product
- Hard to comb through even after you get tangles out
If you can relate to any of these signs, then you have hard water and will always be hoping for the miracle product to fix your hair or to tame it when really all that you need to do is fix your hard water problem.
What is Soft Water and what it does for your hair?
Either naturally or by installing a water softener or water conditioner you may have softened water. In either case you have soft water that has very low amounts of dissolved minerals. The dissolved minerals will provide for you to have that beautiful skin, silky, smooth hair, and healthy nails.
When you shower with soft water you will find that your own bodies natural oils provide you with having to use less shampoos and soaps. Once you have soft water you tend to always want soft water and struggle if you have to shower in hard water because of it’s drying effects and damage to your hair, skin, nails, and appliances.
We always love to hear your feedback, so feel free to comment below.